SSRC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

POLL 1 - I want everyone to let me know what day they would prefer to race the Clio's.

BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_lcap0%BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_lcap33%BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_lcap33%BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_lcap17%BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_lcap17%BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Wed 15 May 2019, 11:34 pm

I forgot my password

BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3)

Go down

BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3) Empty BTCC Rules & Regulations (Season 3)

Post by Jay x Craig Sat 03 Feb 2018, 8:16 am

RACE FORMAT
All 8 BTCC meetings feature three rounds of equal distance, each counting towards a driver's championship points total.
All races commence with a 1 Lap warm-up & Standing Start.
There are no mandatory pitstops, each race is a straight sprint to the chequered flag.

OFFICIAL QUALIFYING
Drivers will have 4 Flying Laps to set a lap time. The session is held on Sunday nights @ 7:45pm.
This determines the starting grid order for the first of the three races.
Should two drivers set the same time, the one setting it first will be ahead of the other on the grid.
Collisions are OFF for Qualifying!
Clean laps take first over dirty ones!

STANDING STARTS
Everybody will be in position for the race ahead via the in-game grid selector.
Once we have loaded into the race, Pole position (Lead Car) will dictate the pace of the grid by not exceeding 90MPH!
Everyone must take care and follow accordingly, then line up in grid order where you started.
The host will call out a start time and everyone will go on the allocated time on the top right of the screen.

STARTING GRIDS
The first race's starting grid takes the order from the qualifying session.
Race two's starting grid is decided by the finishing order in race one, which will be a reverse grid for the top 8 cars.
Race three's starting grid is decided by the Best Lap in race two, but reversed so the slowest timed drivers will be at the front.

Drivers retiring from the race will be allocated starting positions for the next race depending on the number of laps completed before retiring.
The qualifying, race & starting process is repeated at each race meeting.

OVERTAKING & TRACK LIMITS
Overtaking may be carried out either on the right or on the left. In
response to each attempted overtaking manoeuvre no
more than one change of direction to defend a position
is permitted.  Any driver moving back towards the
racing line having earlier defended his position off-line
should leave at least one cars width between his own
car and the edge of the track on the approach to the
corner. However, manoeuvres liable to hinder other
drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond
the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of
direction, are strictly prohibited. Any driver who
appears guilty of any of the above offences may be
reported to the SSRC Officials.

Drivers must use the track at all times and may
not leave the track without a justifiable reason. For the
avoidance of doubt:
(a)  The lines defining the track edges are
considered to be part of the track.
(b)  A driver will be judged to have left the track if atleast 4 wheels of the car either goes beyond the outer
edge of any kerb or goes beyond the line
where there is no kerb.

Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may re-join.
However this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car (such as leaving the track),
will be reported to the SSRC Officials and may entail the imposition of penalties up to and including the exclusion of any driver concerned.
It is not permitted to drive any car unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner deemed to be potentially dangerous to other drivers at any time.

DIVEBOMBING
It is declared divebombing when....
A car moves into the inside of the racing line on the approach to the apex of a corner by braking abnormally late in order to pass the car holding the racing line.
This is determined by where the offending car is, in relation to the car holding the racing line.
If the "Divebombers Car" is behind, up to the point of the car with the racing line uses brakes on the approach to the apex.
If the "Divebombing Car" is in front of the car with the racing line up to the point of the car with the racing line brakes,
  then the car with the racing line must give the "Divebombing Car" enough space to complete thier pass as that is the only way that overtaking off the usual braking line is allowed.

IF ANY CAR IS BEHIND A CAR THAT GETS HIT AT THE POINT OF IMPACT,
  MORE THAN LIKELY IT WILL BE JUDGED TO BE THE CAR BEHINDS FAULT,
  DEPENDING ON IF BOTH CARS ARE RESPECTING THE OVERTAKING & TRACK LIMIT REGULATIONS.
IN SOME INSTANCES IT CAN BE A TOUGH CALL TO MAKE BY OUR JUDGES,
  SO IF BOTH DRIVERS ARE AT FAULT AND BOTH LOSE ANY POSITIONS DUE TO AN IMPACT,
  ANY ENQUIRY WILL BE MADE VOID WITH NO FURTHER ACTION.

SAFETY CAR
The BTCC Safety Car will be called if...
1. Two or more cars have damage due to a crash or if a car has crashed and is blocking the track while having for example, Full Damage.
2. If any cars are involved in a lag related crash,
  this is to quickly rectify the positions back to what they were before the lag inndicent happened.
The BTCC Safety Car will be the leader of that race at the time an incident occurs.
All laps completed by the Safety Car period will be counted as racing laps.
There will be a MAXIMUM of 90 MPH for all cars while the Safety Car is active,
  unless you have pitted then you can carry on at full speed to catch up to the back of the Safety Car field.
There will be NO OVERTAKING while the Safety Car is active!

RED FLAG
A Red Flag means DO NOT OVERTAKE! The race will be slowed to a stop.
If the race leader has not reached the halfway point when the Red Flag is called it will be restarted with everyone taking his/her original grid position.
If the race leader has passed the halfway point of the race when the Red Flag is called it will be restarted with everyone keeping thier position before it was called.

YELLOW FLAG
A Yellow Flag will be called in conjunction with the designated corner of the track to notify all drivers that,
  a driver/s has lost control and has fallen off the track in that area,
  so all drivers must be fully aware of Yellow Flag calls to allow the off-track driver/s to rejoin the track safely.

GREEN FLAG
A Green Flag means that all Yellow Flags have been dealt with and all cars can carry on to full race conditions.

FALSE STARTS
Competitors judged to have made a false start will serve a 3 Second Penalty by SSRC Officials.

LAGGING ISSUES
If any driver is deemed to have an unstable connection towards the rest of the drivers, they may be asked to to restart his/her modem/router and xbox,
 then rejoin the next race at the back as time keeping is very important to us and our drivers.
If the connection doesnt gain stability then the driver must therefore forfeit the race.
A Red Flag will be called in the event of a crash that is caused by any lagging issues.

DRIVER DISCIPLINE & ENQUIRIES
A range of penalties can be imposed against offending drivers,
 These include time penalties, Point deductions & suspension from the next race.
Video evidence made available within 24hrs of an incident may be used as grounds for an enquiry.
Enquiries will be overlooked by atleast 2 SSRC Officials, if 2 Officials have different outcomes then a third Official must join the enquiry and decide the right outcome that's necessary.

CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS SYSTEM
Points are awarded in every race and all 24 rounds are counted. There are three titles to be won: Drivers' Championship, Teams' Championship, Independents' Championship.

BTCC DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP
In each race, the following points are awarded to classified finishers....
1st - 12 points
2nd - 11
3rd - 10
4th - 9
5th - 8
6th - 7
7th - 6
8th - 5
9th - 4
10th - 3
11th - 2
12th - 1
13th to 20th - 0

Pole position: One additional point will be awarded to the driver who starts on pole position for the first race of each meeting.
Fastest lap: One additional point will be awarded to the driver setting the fastest lap in each race. If two or more drivers achieve the same fastest lap time each will be awarded one point.

BTCC CHAMPIONSHIP FOR DRIVERS
Points are awarded to all Drivers under the competition as a whole.

BTCC CHAMPIONSHIP FOR INDEPENDENTS
Points are awarded for all cars under the Independents group. Points are awarded as per the BTCC Drivers Championship.

BTCC CHAMPIONSHIP FOR TEAMS
Points are awarded to the two cars from each team in each race. Points are awarded as per the BTCC Drivers Championship.

POINTS AWARDS
If two or more drivers or teams finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship shall be awarded to:

- the holder of the greatest number of first places.
- if the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places.
- if the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.

The SSRC reserve the right to challenge anybody who does not comply with these regulations!

Jay x Craig
Admin

https://ssrconline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down